Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Surprise! [ January 18, 2012 ]

It had been a weird and long couple of days... I wasn't feeling like myself. Wednesday morning rolls around - 4 days out from when aunt flow is supposed to arrive and the soonest you can test for pregnancy. I bought this test about 13 days before then, JUSSSST because I had this funny feeling I might be preggo. I left the box of tests hidden in the medicine cabinet from Bru knowing if he found out what I was contemplating, he'd think I'm a loon. So this Wednesday I speak of, January 18th, rolls around and I woke up... and thought about mayyyybe taking the test... maybe. I was so scared so I just kept getting ready for work trying to ignore that feeling. And then I talked myself into it. I'm not sure I'd ever been so nervous in my life! My hand was shaking uncontrollably as I was trying to pee on that stick - that little stick that was about to change our lives for ever! 


I set the test on the counter and counted in my head to three minutes. As I'm counting, I'm watching this ever so faint little line appear in the "pregnant" circle... I wasn't believing what this all meant. 


Still confused if I was or wasn't preggo, I took a picture of the stick and was off to work. I sat at my desk with a lump in my tummy (in more ways than one), unsure what to do! So I moseyed over to Jenny's desk and didn't say anything, just showed her the pic. "You're pregnant!" she says. I said noooo... it's so faint are you sure that's really what it means? She said "yup! you're pregnant my friend" and gives me a big hug. I felt as though I wasn't me, or in my body, I felt like I was dreaming. I will never forget that feeling of complete and utter shock...REALLY?


Lunch time came around and Robyn talked me into getting a digital test. So I pulled a classy move and went to Walgreens to buy a test and took it right there in the bathroom. Instantly the test said PREGNANT! 



Holy moly... it's now starting to hit me a little more. Now how am I going to tell my hubs?! After work I hurried to the mall to find something that said "daddy" to wrap with the test. That felt like the longest ride home...I was more nervous than I was taking the test! I get in the door and try to act normal, but feeling ridiculously akward and shaky. Bru was making dinner, hands full of chicken and I told him I had something to show him. He asked if it could wait and I quickly said no! He sat down, I put the gift in front of him and he slowly opened it because he said I was "scaring" him. Ha! He opened it and  peeked up at me from under his ball cap... with a smile on his face he asks "when did this happen?" LOL. I'm pretty sure he was there! 






I'd always told myself I just wanted this to happen so I didn't have to make the decision when to start trying to have a babe. So there ya have it! 


We are beyond excited for everything that lies ahead of us and our new family. :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment