Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 9 [ February 26, 2012 ]


How far along? 9 weeks 5 days
Baby is the size of:  a grape
Total weight gain: .6 to go to break even {121.2 to 121.4}
Maternity clothes? no but had to buy some bigger stuff
Stretch marks? maybe? not sure
Sleep: stinks
Best moment this week: hmm...making it to 9 weeks
Movement: no
Showing? at the end of the day
Food cravings: portillos rocks!
Anything making you queasy or sick: eh not so bad anymore
Gender prediction: idk
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: itchy!
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Feelings: stressed
Looking forward to: figuring out what's going on with my thyroid
This weeks developments: baby is no longer an embryo, it's a fetus now! more distinct facial features and a heartbeat that should be able to be picked up by doppler.

This week we met with the endocrinologist. He informed me that I was misdiagnosed by the gyno. Based on my low numbers, it actually means the opposite of what you'd think, it means my body is overproducing the hormone, aka hyperthyroidism. It felt like my world came crashing down. So my body was over producing and then I was on meds to make it produce even more? That can't be good for anyone. Doctor assured me it's better to have too much of the hormone than not enough so baby should be just fine. Luckily I was only on the meds for 3 days and it supposedly takes at least a week to balance out hormone levels. Regardless, these people who misdiagnosed me are supposed to be delivering my baby!!!

Anyways, I took another blood test that day and the results came back normal! :) While that is great news, I'm still confused as to why my numbers were off to begin with. We're going to do another blood test just to be sure I'm still normal in a week. Keeping my fingers crossed! 



No comments :

Post a Comment