Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Liebster Award!

Wow! I am so honored that my dear friend Erikka from the life of lil miss has passed me the Liebster Award. I just can't believe my little blog has linked me to so many new ladies, who I may not really 'know' but I feel like I do! It's just so cool... I love my little group of social media friends/mommies. :)

The Rules:
1.  Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2.  Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers your pass the award to next.
3.  Choose new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4.  Go back to their page and tell them about the award. 
5.  No tag backs.
11 random facts
1. I am a retired Chicago Blackhawk Ice Girl. I was on the team 4 years, one of those years is the year we won the Stanley Cup! Because of all of our publicity I have been on multiple morning news shows, radio stations and have been considered 'celebrity' status in the city of Chicago. People have stopped me on the streets and asked "aren't you an ice girl?" It was a pretty awesome time of my life.
2. I actually played ice hockey for 2 years of my life on an all girls team. I'd played soccer for 8 years [and was really good] but I got bored. My parents wouldn't let me sit around and do nothing so I asked to play hockey [I'd always asked if I could play and because there were no girls teams around when I was younger they always said no]. They finally agreed that I could join a girls team! We traveled for some games/touneys and it was SO fun. We also won the state championship and I scored the winning goal on a one-timer! I will forever be proud of that!
3. I met my husband in Florida. He actually played hockey for my dad's team [along with my brother] and that whole season we didn't talk [I had another bf] just gawked at eachother from afar. Spring Break '04 I went to St Pete with my girlfriends and the team actually had their national championship in a town right by St Pete - how crazy! Once the boys were knocked out of the championship, Bru thought it was safe to talk to me finally [and I had just broken up with my bf! perfect timing!]. We spent the rest of our vacation getting to 'know' each other and once we got home we were inseparable. We've been together ever since. <3
4. We actually got married in Florida, on the beach we met. It was such a special, special day for us - a dream come true. We'd always wanted to get married on the beach but didn't think it would happen due to the cost to our family and friends for a destination wedding. After giving it much thought we said shoot, we're only gonna get married once - let's just do it! So we did. And to our surpise we actually had about 70 people show up for our wedding. Perfect size! We also got married on the actual date we started dating, just 7 years later! Cheeeeeze-balls!
5. Bru [Brian is his real name] have been together for 9 years in April! He is the best hubs a girl could ask for. He is by definition my best friend.
6.I only have one [younger] brother and one cousin [2 yrs old!]. I had a small family until I married into the Lite family!
7. I LOVE doggies but unfortunately we are not allowed to have them in our condo. I have always, always had dogs growing up so it's been really hard not having one live with us
8. I so badly want a house. There is just no way in hell we can sell our condo right now or afford a house in our current vacinity. It's depressing. I'm throwing this one in here because I just looked at numbers yesterday. :(
9.  I went to art school right out of highschool. I went initially for Interior Design but switched over to Visual Communications after getting discouraged by the grueling drafting class. OMG shoot me now!
10. I LOVE DIY! I used to be very crafty [as you saw from #9] and it got away from me. Once I started pulling together Liv's nursery, I got back into it. Pinterest has inspired me in so many ways and has really brought me back to my passion of crafting [nerd alert!]. I don't have too much time for it right now [only when lil miss is sleeping] but I am looking forward to finger paints and shrinky dinks!
11. The best for last~~~~ I am head over heels beyond in love with my daughter, my hubs and the cute little life we lead. I thought I was obsessed with my hubs back in the day, that is until we had Livvy. He has turned into such an awesome daddy and it makes me even more obsessed with him because I see how much he adores the tiny human we created. And don't even get me started on that little girl...I could go on and on about how my heart explodes every time I see her, think of her or am with her! Ah! Everyone always tells you that life will never be the same and you never knew a love like this could exist and it is so so true and you really can't even begin to fathom it until you experience it first hand. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE IT. :)


Erikka's 11 Questions
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A marine biologist. I have always been an animal lover and LOVE the ocean. Dolphins are such uniquely awesome animals and I wanted [and still want] to train them!
2. How many children do you want to have? Depending on how number two goes, either two or three. The first was thankfully such a beautiful [and easy] thing I want to do it over and over and over again. :)
3. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be? Two things - one, I would have finished my degree right away...it is way too hard to go back after being out of it for some time. Two, I would've saved more money when I was living at home so I could've bought a house vs. a condo. Oh well, ya live and ya learn!
4. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? I would buy a house - duh!
5. What is your biggest hope for your little one? That she grows up to be a strong, intelligent, confident, passionate, empathetic, light-hearted, giving and loving individual. Just an all around 'good person'.
6. What are 2 things on your bucket list? To vacation in Fiji and stay in one of those huts over the crystal clear, turqoiuse ocean [oooo sounds SO nice!] and to own my own business - most likely an etsy store. :)
7. Favorite holiday? Well for the sake of all the funness around the holiday I would say hands down Halloween [LOVE it!] but for the sake of being with family and getting that warm fuzzy feeling inside while shopping, wrapping and cooking to get all ready for Christmas. Especially now having Liv, Christmas is so much more fun!
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be? Fiji as I said in #6! I wanna go now!
9. Biggest regret? See #3
10. What is the one thing you are looking forward to most? short term - going home to see my baby tonight :) long term - having a house, backyard, etc.
11. Favorite recipe? Hah! welllll considering I don't really cook... my go to lately is crock pot tacos - 5 chicken breasts, 1 jar of salsa and 1 packet of taco seasoning - cook for 4 hours and it makes SO much food - enough for dinner for 4 nights! We use it for tacos, breakfast tacos, quesadillas, and nachos! That's what's for dinner tonight!

Okay, for my 3 NEW favorite blogs:


Ok gals, you need to answer the following questions:

1. What is your favorite thing about being a momma?
2. What is the most challenging?
3. If you could meet one celebrity, who and why?
4. What are you most proud of?
5. Why did you start your blog?
6. What is your favorite memory of your lil one thus far?
7. Do you have any holiday traditions for baby?
8. What will the easter bunny bring your babies this year?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. Whats your favorite store to shop at?
11. What is your favorite place to vacation and why?

Hope you have as much fun as I did!

Thanks so much Erikka!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment