Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Best Man In The World

Today marks our one year wedding anniversary and our 8 year dating anniversary. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long! But then again, I think about it and I can't even remember life without this man.

My life before Brian was incomplete, unfulfilling and I was always yearning for more. Don't get me wrong, growing up I lived a great life, full of everything I ever wanted...except my other half. Just last weekend I was cleaning out some cabinets and came across some of my old writings and letters written to me and by me to past boyfriends. It really opened my eyes to the world I was living in before Bru (lonely times), the world I had forgotten all about (thank goodness!) when Bru swept me off my feet. Once he came into my life he made everything better and I mean everything! He has helped me forget all about those lonely times and I haven't looked back for one second.

Just a year ago, I thought I knew what I was getting myself into by marrying this incredible human being... I was unaware of just how much more perfect, perfect could get. Bru was already a kind, gentle, giving man. I was his world. And he was mine. We could conquer anything because we'd found each other. Two peas in a pod.

Well, as you know we were blessed with some life changing news in January, we're gonna be 3 peas in a pod! Me, so overcome by the fury of emotions that flooded my head, I for a few seconds got concerned how Bru would take the news and how this would effect our relationship. Quite honestly I don't know why I ever let those thoughts cross over my mind because boy was I wrong!

Since finding out we're going to have a little peanut, Bru has been even more perfect. He has been taking care of me when I don't feel so well, cleaning the house, making dinner, reorganizing to make room for our new roommate, and providing moral support among millions of other things. Without him I'd be nothing but a lost and sad soul trying to figure this all out on my own. I am so very lucky to have Bru by my side as we experience all of life's precious little moments together.

My heart is already busting at the seams for what's to come, sharing every moment with this incredible man I am honored to call my husband.





I love you more with each day that passes. Thank you for being my better half.

Here's to an eternity babe! (as I raise my glass of milk) ;)

Love, your wifey




No comments :

Post a Comment