Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 16 [ April 17, 2012 ]

How far along? 16 weeks 7 days
Baby is the size of: an avocado
Total weight gain: up a whole pound from starting weight!  {122.6 to 123}
Maternity clothes? i wear my maternity work pants on my 'big' days but still fitting into my regular pants with the belly band
Stretch marks? praying i dont get them!
Sleep: not as bad lately
Best moment this week: seeing our little one again... with 5 fingers, a spine and legs kicking around like crazy!
Movement: i think i felt a flick or a kick or something other than bubbles!
Showing? my lil bump is biggest at night
Food cravings: coffee, BEER! i can't believe i have 5 more months to wait before i can have those things again!!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing really! yay! i've just been trying to eat better even though i dont really like it.
Gender prediction: boy
Labor Signs: nope
Symptoms: thirsty, bloody noses, itchy!!!, sore bones, insides stretching
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Feelings: hoping and praying that the peanut cooperates when we go in 2 weeks to find out the sex. ::fingers crossed::
Looking forward to: seeing robyn on Thursday!!!!!!
This weeks developments: baby can hear our voices, hair, lashes and eyebrows are growing and tastebuds are forming


I had one of the maintenance guys at work say "is what i heard true?" I said I'm pregnant, who told you?? He said nobody, I can tell there (points to tummy) and in your face... ha! thanks...not sure if this is good or bad!!


I went in for a cervix measurement to make sure its long enough to hold the baby in there the whole time. It measured 4.2 which is good but we have to go back every two week from now until week 24 to be sure it is still holding up. Supposedly the cervix can grow and shrink! Who knew!? They also told us my placenta is anterior, meaning the baby decided to nest in the front of my uterus instead of the back. So my placenta is right in front which could make ultrasounds difficult or make it hard to feel beebs, but we've had no issues as such with this little wild child! :) The placenta is also low right now, which they say is normal for how many weeks and we should start to see it rise as baby gets bigger (hoping!). The US tech took the heart rate at 152 and then the doc at 159. She said you know what that means right? I said what? She said they say a higher heart rate means girl.... 

Had another TSH testing done on my thyroid and it came back within normal range again!!! YAY!




1 comment :

  1. I really like reading your blog. Since nobody has time to see or talk to each other anymore----this is a nice way to stay connected to you 3!! Can't wait for the reveal so I can call him/her by their real name--Baby Boy Lite or or (I think or) Baby Girl Lite!

    ReplyDelete