Tuesday, April 14, 2015

week 17 | april 14, 2015 | littlest lite

How far along? 17 weeks 
Baby is the size of:  an onion
Total weight gain: gain of 2 { 120.6 to 122.6 } - total gain 12.6
Maternity clothes? pants and leggings
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: is good for the most part. still getting up to pee at least four times a night though!

Best moment this week: Finding out we're having another sweet little baby GIRL!!!!! We couldn't be any more happy and blessed. Someone is thinking about us in this master plan and we feel so fortunate. <3 It's crazy how the US tech thought it was a girl a month ago and how the baking soda test said girl and it really is a girl! I'm so excited to see Liv and her little sissy. mellllt!
Movement: Tons! and it's always funny to see her move on the ultrasound and feel her all at the same time. She's an active little one, so was Liv! I was actually watching her move from the outside of my tummy on Sunday!!

Showing? yes, for sure now. I feel like im 2 years pregnant tho, I feel HUGE!
Food cravings:  Cheese fries!!!!! salty and sour, bacon - same as last week

Anything making you queasy or sick: not really!
Gender: GIRL!!!!!!! GIRL!!!! GIRL!!!!
Labor Signs: no but having lots of ligament pain and heaviness in my hoohaa
Symptoms:  itchy tummy, achy tummy muscles, lower back pain here and there, difficulty peeing and lots of peeing

Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off? ON

Feelings:  SO FULL OF LOVE AND HAPPINESS.... this was the BEST news I feel like I've gotten in a long time. I could cry every time I think about it. :)

Looking forward to: just loving this last summer as a family of three. While I have less anxiety about it being our last, now that I know it's a girl, it's still bitter sweet. I know this little girl in my belly will only enhance our family and add so much more love, so I'm feeling a little better about it. Not that a little boy wouldn't do the same, but the unknowns with a boy and the financial strain of having to buy new 'boy' things, was giving me heart palpitations. I'm just feeling a little bit less stressed going into this now. Let the fun begin! :)





After my vaginal us on Wednesday, I had slight brown bleeding Thursday morning and afternoon - teensy. So I called the doc late Thursday and they were already gone for the day, so the nurse called me back Friday morning. She said this is somewhat normal after a trans-vaginal us and that I just need to be on pelvic rest for a week. No lifting, no activities, minimal walking, no bending over, feet up and resting as much as possible. This couldn't have come on a better weekend because we literally had nothing to do (except laundry and things around the house) and Bru was home all weekend and doesn't have to work until Wednesday night - thank gosh! He's been such a HUGE help with everything, I really have the best guy around.

When I got my us, it was to check the length of my cervix since I had a LEEP procedure done back in 2007. Weeks 16-24 are critical that I be monitored to watch that the cervix can hold the baby and isn't shrinking or becoming effaced. Because it looked so good on Wednesday, doc said I didn't need to come in two weeks like I normally would. I'm just hoping these aches and pains I've been feeling this weekend don't mean anything with regards to my cervix. I hope they're just growing pains since this babe 'is bigger than liv was'. I'm keeping a close eye on them to make sure I shouldn't go in for another us in two weeks.

In good news, my thyroid blood test came back within normal limits! So no scary false results that caused me so much stress like last time. Phew! And the AFP results came back negative - all looks good! Yay!!!


We're a little stoked about the idea of another little girl :)))
Liv is "cided" about her "sissy"


My babes lovin on her sissy. <3
Comparing Liv's pregnancy to this one...

I couldn't contain my excitement about another girl at target... first piece of the nursery and pippies!



No comments :

Post a Comment