Tuesday, June 23, 2015

week 27 | june 23, 2015 | littlest lite

How far along? 27 weeks - THIRD TRIMESTER! already?!
Baby is the size of:  a rutabaga
Total weight gain: gain of 2.6 { 131.8 to 134.4 } - total gain 24.4 (only .2lbs heavier this pregnancy than i was with liv... i also started out 10lbs lighter this time tho)
Maternity clothes? yah mainly maternity except jammies or a piece here or there
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: ehhh decent. the occasional bad night, but not terrible.
Best moment this week: going to sheyboygan! liv had a great time and i love seeing that. :)
Food cravings:  all the same! bacon. cheeseburgers. chocolate. cold stuff. coffee. taco bell. strawberry lemonade (regular and frozen). tomato. salad. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: nah
Labor Signs: yes! lots of contractions... see below 
Symptoms:  heartburn! exhaustion.
Belly Button in or out?  looking pretty flat
Wedding rings on or off? on for now

Feelings:  worried. all these contractions are concerning and making me uneasy. we're not ready to welcome our little nugget yet.
Looking forward to: contractions going away. getting the house back in order after the flood. this sore throat going away... had it since sunday.


i was so happy to have my regular 26 week appointment scheduled for wednesday since i wasn't feeling great after all the lifting, cleaning and moving stuff i did due to the flood. i wasn't feeling babe move as much and i was getting quite a few braxton hicks. i went to work wednesday cuz my team was in and sat thru a meeting in the morning and just wasn't feeling right. about an hour before i was supposed to leave for my dr. appt, i started getting lots of contractions. even on my way to the appt i was having them very close together and started freaking out. when the midwife came in the room i told her i was getting them alot so she hooked me up to the monitor. she determined the contractions were 3 mins apart and very patterned so she sent me to the birth center. Of course bru didn't come with me to this appt cuz he was busy cleaning up from the flood and my phone was on 1%. I was scared shitless so the nurse let me call bru from her phone and told him to meet me at the hospital. oh but before they let me leave the office, they took a swab for the fetal fibronectin test and i took that with me to the birth center. they hooked me up and got me two big cups of water to make sure that i wasnt just dehydrated (which sent me to the birth center two or three times with liv) but the pee sample i gave them wasnt even yellow so i was almost postive i wasnt. we had to wait an hour to get the test results and monitored contractions. sure enough the nurse told me i have bad uterus irritability and we were just waiting to see if i would possibly be giving birth in the next two weeks based on test results. both the midwife and dr narynan gave me an internal exam and everything looked long and closed so they weren't too concerned and the babe looked really good! it was really funny, e really didn't like the pressure of the monitors on her and literally kept trying to kick them off... see video. test came back and was negative. both the nurse and doc both said the fact that it is negative is awesome becuase it's never really negative, anything can set it to positive. so with that, dr narynan gave me another exam and i was still long and closed so she sent me home around 7pm and told me to take it easy and drink lots of water. they think its just due to all the stress from the flood and over-doing it.

went back friday for follow up and got another exam and was still long and closed. i told dr narynan i was still contracting, sometimes frequent again and she told me some women just have this from now until they deliver. yuck! she told me she still wanted me taking it easy... no cleaning or lifting and work only if i could manage. she told me we could still go to sheboygan just as long as im not chasing liv around. babe still looks good, hr is 150s. she still thinks she's breech becuase she didn't feel her head when she was up there... she didn't feel anything. she said she must be floating up in there!

I also went for my glucose test... well see how that comes back with all the junk i've been eating!


update on babe from 26 week appt: 135.8lbs at doc. hr was in 140s. 28 fundal height. babe is good size. still breech.




shopping for stanley cup gear while im hooked up... draining my battery - whoops!
reliving the moment we witness in person, but much closer this time.
finished this bad boy in five mins this time!
my little burrito at nap time :)
babe's closet is coming along! yay! now it's time to empty some bins (hang up clothes) so we can put stuff from the basement in bins so they don't get wet again. the amount of rain we're getting is INSANE. and it's making me CRAZY!
and we're off to the water park! she couldn't be more excited. she's been counting down sleeps until we were going to go.
chilly night for ice cream, but we couldn't pass up some of the yummiest ice cream!
awwwww :))) such a fun trip as a family of three.... can't believe we're gonna be four soon!












No comments :

Post a Comment