Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 30 [ July 22, 2012 ]


How far along? 30 weeks 5 days >>> 10 more weeks! eeks!!
Baby is the size of: a cucumber
Total weight gain:  {134.6 to 136.2}
Maternity clothes? i haven't been wearing normal clothes all week... been on house arrest 
Belly growth: 35"
Stretch marks? please no
Sleep: ugh... so hard now! turning hurts - i pulled a stomach muscle shift sides and woke up monday morning around 12:30 with an excruciating pain all up my right side from my hip to my neck... that sucked
Best moment this week: getting all my tests back normal and hearing that beebs isn't breech anymore!! :)
Movement: yes, but you can tell its getting cramped in there
Food cravings: ehh been kinda tired of food
Miss anything?  leaving the house...
Anything making you queasy or sick: smoke
Gender: IT'S A GIRLIE!!!
Labor Signs: weird sensations in my uterus/woman parts?
Symptoms: hard to breathe and just uncomfortable
Belly Button in or out? in and hoping it stays there
Wedding rings on or off? on
Feelings: scared she's going to come early and I'm not ready. laying in the hospital on thursday made me realize I'm just not ready for all this yet
Looking forward to: getting some energy back and seeing our babes on wednesday for our 3d ultrasound!!!
This weeks developments: her skin is getting smoother and her brain is getting wrinklier making room for all the brain tissue. she is also strong enough to grasp a finger


thursday morning came and i was feeling just awful and still waiting for my test results. I called to talk to a nurse. she gave my my results, said they looked good but hadn't been reviewed by a doctor yet. i told her how bad i was feeling and she suggested i come back in... said its in the best interest of me and the baby. my appointment wasn't until 450 and as the day grew on i started feeling a tad better and felt like why would i go back to the doc when they're not going to be able to do anything more for me than they did on tuesday? but bru insisted we go ease my mind. so we got there and i got hooked up to the non-stress test monitor again to check on baby and contractions. the doc wasn't overly concerned about my contractions but she wasn't ok with them. she checked my cervix and said it was soft and posterior (not sure what that means). but she could tell in my face that something just wasn't right so she suggested i go to the birthing center for longer testing and to be hooked up to IV fluids. i lost it, i tired to stay so calm but at this point i was freaking out... i just wanted to know what was going on.

soooo off we went to find our way to the birthing center (we got lost - that hospital is confusing!). I got there and they were waiting for me. I changed into one of those awesome hospital gowns and hopped on the bed. the nurse asked me a whole slew of questions about my health and the baby as she hooked me up to the monitor. then she stabbed me with the IV needle and really messed up the first one and had to redo it (ugh!). I sat hooked up for 3 hours and got a bag and a half of fluids. poor bru sat there freezing his ass off and probably bored out of his mind. as i sat there i was overwhelmed with the feelings that I'm not ready for this. I'm not mentally prepared to give birth yet and be trapped in a hospital for days and go through all that pain. I'm just not.

once i had more fluid in me my contractions started leveling out which is great. and baby looks excellent! :) after i had a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich the nurse checked my cervix again to see if anything changed and it hadn't so i was discharged. but let me just tell you this nurse was not gentle AT ALL! holy cow, i swear she shoved her whole fist up there. now I'm REALLY not ready for birth. :(

the conclusion is doc thinks i have a virus that I'm struggling to fight off and its causing dehydration (this extreme heat doesn't help either!!). i am put on bed rest for 7 days with lots of fluids. so i have been stuck in the house since thursday night, doing very little except eating, drinking and peeing. i have been trying to love it since i won't have many more days like this...sigh.



all for liv <3

my happy camper thinking about 'tillos

my lovely view this week




No comments :

Post a Comment